I have a low key crush on Curtis Stone, mostly because of the Australian accent, but also because all of his recipes that I have made have been creative and so bomb.
I came across his cookbook, What’s For Dinner?, and wanted to make practically everything in it. It’s centered around dinner recipes (duh, Maddie), and divided by days of the week, with each week having a theme. This recipe for Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Tomatillos came from One-Pot Wednesdays, but I made it on a Tuesday ’cause I’m a rule breaker like that.
I think I’d make this recipe again just for the insanely amazing smells in my apartment while the chicken roasted, but one bite of it and I was hooked. And you will be too!
- One four-pound chicken
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of tomatillos (husked, rinsed and halved)
- 1 white onion (halved and cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 lime (cut into wedges for serving)
- Optional: tortillas or rice
You can find the directions here.