To celebrate the end of a memorable year and ring in the new one, my family, boyfriend and I spent a week in beautiful Maui, Hawaii. Below are a few of my recommendations for where to stay, what to do and where to eat and drink in this beautiful beach town.
Where to Stay
We chose to return to Wailea due to its incredible resorts, beautiful beaches and proximity to some of our favorite snorkeling spots. While we stayed at The Grand Wailea last year, we fell in love with the Andaz Maui while having dinner at Morimoto and decided to switch it up in 2017.
- Andaz Maui – For the trendy jetsettes
- The Four Seasons Maui – For lovers of the classic
- The Grand Wailea – The family-friendly option
- The Road to Hana
- Snorkel Tour with Maui Snorkel Charters
- Visit Turtle Town
- Outrigger Canoeing
- Haleakala Crater
- Helicopter Ride
- Whale Watching
- Visit Maui Wine
- Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm
- Ocean Vodka Distillery & Tour
- Shops at Wailea
Where to Eat & Drink
- Island Gourmet Market – Although it appears to be a simple market, their Kalua Pork breakfast plate is out of this world. While you’re there, pick up some poke from the extensive bar of more than 10 types of authentic poke.
- Whale’s Tale – This little cafe boasts the best açaí bowls with an unbelievably gorgeous view and is in walking distance to all three hotels.
- South Maui Fish Company – While you may be suspect to eat raw fish from a food truck in a parking lot, South Maui Fish Company has the freshest and most delicious poke I have ever had. Make sure to try the half and half poke plate so you can sample the traditional and spicy pokes.
- Morimoto – Fresh sushi masterminded by Iron Chef Morimoto. ‘Nough said.
- Ka’ana Kitchen – Located right at the Andaz Maui, our meal at the Andaz was hands-down the best dinner we had in Maui. Each dish was creative, flavorful and used local ingredients.
- Ko – Located at the Fairmont Kea Lani, Ko offers traditional, Hawaiian plantation dishes that are truly delicious.
- Spago – Located at the Four Seasons, the views alone of the Italian eatery are enough to make us want to go back.
- Snacks & Drinks
- Lappert’s Ice Cream – Indulge in some local flavors at this hotspot at the Shops at Wailea.
- Honolulu Cookie Company – After stopping into Lappert’s Ice Cream, visit Honolulu Cookies next door. These pineapple-shaped shortbread cookies are a great gift to bring back to friends, family and coworkers.
- Monkeypod – While the food is average, the Mai Tais are out of this world. They top off the traditional cocktail with a lilikoi foam.